Mahagony Han Dynasty Jian, Roped Grip, Hardened Steel
This sword is upper quality range.
Balance point and materials are therefore accordingly expensive and high standart
Standard blade length (around 31\" or 78cm)
The sword is handmade and so the length can vary +2\"/ -2\" or +4cm/-4cm
Properties: stiff, not sharpened
- Total sword length 110 cm (43.3 in)
- Blade length 73 cm (28.7 in)
- Handle length 27 cm (10.6 in)
- Blade thickness 0.9 cm (0.35 in)
- Sheath material: mahagony or rose wood
- There are 2 different sheath color options: Camel or Brown
Chinese swords of this style date back to the Han dynasty 漢 (206 BCE-220 CE)
and was the first long-lasting imperial dynasty of China.
It was founded by the adventurer Liu Bang 劉邦 (Emperor Gaozu 漢高祖, r. 206-195 BCE)
who took part in the rebellion against the oppressive government of the short-lived Qin dynasty 秦 (221-206 BCE).